PROPOSAL FOR COMPACT TEACHER TRAINING (PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT) FOR CALOHAN-LETEFOHO VILLA PRIMARY SCHOOL, LETEFOHO SUBDISTRICT, MUNICIPALITY OF ERMERA, TIMOR-LESTE

Edward Willis

• Committee

PROPOSAL FOR COMPACT TEACHER TRAINING (PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT) FOR CALOHAN-LETEFOHO VILLA PRIMARY SCHOOL, LETEFOHO SUBDISTRICT, MUNICIPALITY OF ERMERA, TIMOR-LESTE

I would like to propose that the Association provides funding to support Compact Teacher Training (Professional Development) for Calohan-Letefoho Villa Primary School, Letefoho Subdistrict, Municipality of Ermera, Timor-Leste.  This follows on the successful completion of a similar training program funded by the Association at Ailelo/Cosbouk and Samara Schools in the Hatolia Subdistrict in July 2017.

The Melville Friends of Hatolia (MFoH) organised that training session but wound itself as an association in late November 2017.  At its final meeting MFoH members agreed to donate the bulk of its remaining funds (approximately $3,800) to the 2/2 Commando Association of Australia to be used to fund professional development training for teachers in Timor-Leste.  This was in recognition of the successful cooperation between the two organisations in completing teacher training and toilet construction projects over the previous three years.

I invited Snr Francisco Jorge dos Santos, Program Manager, Learning Resource Development Center to submit a budget proposal for professional development training at another school and he has just sent me the attached document for our consideration.

The total cost is US$5,315 = AUD$6,432.  I propose that the Association uses the $3,800 donated by MFoH towards the cost of the training and ‘tops up’ the balance from its own funds.

If the Committee supports this project, I will ask the MFoH Treasurer to transfer its donation to the Association’s bank account.

Ed Willis

Microsoft Word - Draft PROPOSED BUDGET CTT_Letefoho.doc copy.pdf

• 2 weeks later...