'The Ration Truck Massacre'

• Committee

Dear Kevyn:

Thank you for contacting us for information about Gordon Chiswell.  The only item that of the nature you are looking for I could locate was a moving article written by Archie Campbell, his Section officer, in the April 1991 'Courier' that I have attached - it includes a photo of Gordon.

Kind regards

Ed Willis, Vice-President

437607830_50yearmiracle-CourierApril1991.pdfcopy.thumb.jpg.311545dcf825579a97cadf3a29fc6eea.jpg741814992_150yearmiracle-CourierApril1991.pdfcopy2.thumb.jpg.d4770bb44dc2216ce309a3b221365fff.jpg

Hi Ed

It was very kind of you to make the effort and to send through the article written by Archie Campbell. I know Archie made the effort and visited my mother Doris Joy ( Gordon's sister) in Mildura and also wrote to her. Over the last 3 - 4 years I have written about 90 000 words on growing up in Mildura and there is a section about the Chiswell Family and in it I have included photo's of Gordon in uniform and also details of the"Ration Truck Massacre". I have written this memoir for my grandchildren and therefore Gordon will not be forgotten.

Regards Kevyn